I was recently reminded that brunch really really really is the best meal of the week. Think about it::
- You have delicious and savory foods that can be prepared in advance, sweets and pastries and super yummy cocktails (allegedly).
- You have more opportunities for unusual venue options.
- Honestly, who doesn’t LOVE brunch?
- You will (most likely) be able to save a TON on venue site fees.
- Significantly lower food and alcohol costs.
- Lower entertainment costs (unless you want to do a House of Blues Gospel Brunch style event. And if you like the idea of hiring a gospel choir for anything – please stop reading this and pick up the phone and call me. Because you are FUN!!!!!)
- Better lighting opportunities for photos and less of a time crunch.
- Brunch cocktails are the BEST cocktails (there is a relatively low likelihood of someone busting out Fireball before 2pm).
- Your guests don’t have to wait around while you take photos – take ’em after!
- Donuts (or if you are super fancy, let’s go Cronuts. If you are not familiar with cronuts, please accept my apologies. They are the shit).
I think we should do more brunch weddings. Think about it – all expectations are thrown out the window because no one HAS pre convinced notions of what a brunch wedding should be. Costs can be controlled easily (mix some casseroles with baked goods, throw in a few salads (green, fruit and pasta), add some capers and lox (if you are fancy) add some BACON and we have satisfied everyone. We can also control alcohol costs because we really only need champagne, vodka and baileys.
Another reason for a brunch wedding – more dress options. Once again, throw expectations out the window and have FUN with your dress. Go short and sassy. Why not??
Why not have toasts over bloody mary’s? Why not do your first dance before half of your neighbors are out of church? Or awake? And for the Colorado mountains – the brunch wedding avoids the ever present threat of the 4pm thunderstorm. By 4pm – you are on your way to your own honeymoon . . .
Kara Delay, Love This Day Events
Winter Park Wedding Planner