In honor of all things lavender (the theme of Stephanie and Josh’s wedding this weekend!) I thought this would be the perfect week to share the recipe for Lavender Champagne (doesn’t it sound divine) And the recipe from Martha . . .
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- 4 bottles (750 mL) dry Champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
- Fresh lavender sprigs, for garnish
- Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in dried lavender. Remove from heat. Let cool completely. Strain out lavender. Refrigerate syrup until ready to serve (up to 1 month).
- Pour about 6 ounces Champagne and 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup into each flute. Garnish each with a lavender sprig.